Are you planning to introduce a new color to your room or your entire house? Are you pondering on decorating or renovating your den or your living room? The problem is you do not know where to start? If you have a lot of questions about interior design, furniture placements, color schemes, how to display your collections, beloved objects, and books, then you might consider hiring a professional that is fit for the job.
Interior designers and interior decorators are the professionals that can actually help you with redecorating your home with your old furniture and accessories or renovating your bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom to create a new look. They provide you the inspiration you require in sourcing new furniture, second-hand pieces, antiques, and accessories. In preparing for your first consultation with your home stylist, you must make sure that you will be able to solicit answers to all the questions you have in mind. Here are some tips on how to maximize the output from your interior designer, interior decorator as well as color and styling consultant.
1. You must be clear about your desired outcome for the consultation.
2. Be particular about which space or room that you will wish to focus on. Will it be a single room or the entire house?
3. You must collect clippings of different designs from interior design magazines such as Inside Out, Belle, Real Living, and Vogue Living. You can find plenty on the market so you better select the ones that speak to you most. Prior to the consultation, you must already be armed with pages of color schemes, accessories, furniture, room layout, flooring, wallpaper, rugs and carpets, decorative and antique items, and other things that speaks of you. By doing these beforehand, you will clearly see what you desire and you will definitely find it easier to express to your consultant what you want the project outcome to be.
4. Keep your eyes open and have an open mind to the beautiful things around you especially nature, design, architecture, art, museums, books, exhibitions, and textiles.
5. Make sure that your stylist is listening well and you must explain what you desire to achieve with your imminent styling project, explain what you would like with a room to do for you and what type of mood you would create in your space.
And finally, the most important of all things, don't let the stylist sway you into something you don't actually like. You are the one who lives in the space and you need to feel comfortable with your choices. It is all about creating your home with your personal touch and not the touch of your interior decorator. A custom made interior design in Sydney can be availed of by hiring competent interior decorators and designers here.
For other home and office renovation ideas, you can visit various sites on the internet. Gather different ideas and incorporate them into the design of your home and turn those ideas into reality with your interior designer and consultant.